Wednesday 26 March 2014

Bradcat's Big Announcement...

Many of you are aware that my goal in life is to visit Japan. Over the years I've hit many setbacks from rigged competitions, to outright being a victim of theft, and having my savings stolen. I have explored various avenues of reaching Japan (with English teacher being the flagship occupation), however these often rely on another party or organisation such as Interac, GABA, or JET selecting me for their programme. I've also had to stand back and watch in horror as a tsunami devistatinly tore through a country, which I love so much, three years ago.


(A photo taken recently by my Japanese friend, Mami.) 

However my goal, and my ambition has never faltered. I set up "Bradcat's Baka Blog" to introduce my family and friends to the culture of the land of the rising sun, and the support has been phenomenal.

I have had countless support from many of my friends and family. I've found myself receiving messages from people I've never met, who would love to see me accomplish my life dream of visiting Japan. 

One question I'm frequently asked is; "How is the mission to get to Japan looking?" Today I can answer that question...

I'm here. 


I'm finally here. After the years of hard work and saving, today I have accomplished my dream, and feel honoured to be able to share this with you all.

I will be exploring Japan for three weeks, visiting Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka, and hopefully see and experience all the things I've only ever read about. I'll be on this adventure with Bob (I have mentioned him in previous blogs) who has been a huge motivation to this experience. 


My aim is to experience the culture first hand, and be able to give even more accurate blog posts in the future. Over the coming weeks, this blog will be relatively quiet, as I gather photographs, videos, and stories to share with you all upon my return to England.

A massive thank you to all the people that have continued to motivate me to achieve my goal. You can all expect omiyage!

Ja ne!

2 comments: