Tuesday 23 July 2013

Bradcat's Personal Focus... Wagamama Competition

In March 2013 I entered a competition ran by Japanese (western) restaurant chain Wagamama. The competition was simple; upload a photo of your Wagamama meal, and the photo with the most "likes" by March 31st would win an all expenses paid trip to Japan.

For the majority of the competition I was in first place by over 500 "likes". I had support from not just my friends and family on Facebook and Twitter, but also minor UK celebrities; including Big Brother contestants, wrestlers, and musicians. I had staggering support from other bloggers including a "shout-out" from Victor aka Gimmeaflakeman on YouTube who has over 65,000 followers.

Sadly the competition was spoilt by exploiting a glitch, allowing multiple likes from the same user (eventually reaching 27,000 likes in less than 48 hours). I ended up placing 3rd with over 3,500 likes from genuine friends, family, and strangers who had read my event page for the competition.


This image shows the staggering amount of support from various online sources including Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter. It was heartwarming to see people understand how badly I wanted the trip, and support me for an entire month. (Click the photo to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment